- For the purpose of answering to the pastoral
orientation of the Japanese Church for immigrants, the Fukuoka
Diocese created the Minoshima Pastoral Center for the care of immigrant
workers. The Center is usually involved with Peruvian immigrants
mostly of Japanese descendance (nikkei).
- Our Pastoral Center facility also hosts
a Drug Addiction
Rehabilitation Center (D.A.R.C.) for young Japanese addicts .
- Our third mission is to care for the increasing
number of homeless resulting from
the latest economic crisis.
- In the Center we also have the office of
the Commission of Justice
and Peace for the district of Fukuoka.
the homeless in Minoshima
- For the immigrants
we are assuring "Pastoral Care":
Mass in Spanish every Sunday, baptisms, marriages, religious
education of the children etc...For that purpose we are linked
with the Catholic commission of Japan for
Migrants,Refugees and people on the move(Catholic Bishops'
Conference of Japan).
- Since the beginning,
we have run Japanese classes. We are also caring for today's problems: problems of accommodation, health, family, work, school, visa etc...
- Furthermore, in 1997 we started a Solidarity Network for immigrants workers throughout Kyushu, this beeing linked to the National Solidarity Network.
- The Drug Addiction
Rehabiltation Center (D.A.R.C.) includes
"Day care" and "Night Care" with a shelter
for 6-7 people. Since1998 we have implemented
"Big Mama" a Rehabilitation Workshop which receives
subsidies from the Welfare board of the city of Fukuoka.
- For the homeless inside the Center we have counselling , a bank of used clothes with food distribution each week and every week in Winter a distribtion of rice balls and hot soup. For that purpose we created theNGO
"Fukuoka onigiri no kai"association, and the NGO "Megumi no ie" composed of christians, buddhists, members of groups of citizens, workers, trade-union members, former homeless etc...